Oct 29, 2015

Christmas Plaid and Vintage Santa Tag

tag 1

I just had to circle back to this Christmas plaid background and do another tag.  I found a striped stencil in my stash from forever ago, that was for marking lines in a journal.  I decided to play around with it and see if I could recreate Linda's gorgeous Distress ink background.

tag 2

I so wished I could think of a thin line to use in between the bold ones, but it didn't work out that way.  After I sponged the inks (Adirondack Meadow and Cranberry) my stencil stripes were too perfect so I dipped the whole tag into a puddle of Vintage Photo DI.  The smearing of the ink worked for me and I was super happy with the end result.

tag 3

The santa image is by Character Constructions, a long time favorite stamp company!  I contemplated coloring it, but didn't want to distract from the gorgeous background.

To see all of my posts in this series, click HERE.

tag 4

Since my stencil wasn't long enough, I decided to use the bottom portion for text.  I masked off the center and stamped a Penny Black script stamp in Cranberry to give some extra dimension.  The word is from mini alphas.  I scored a bag full of vintage trim on our mountain trip last weekend, so I used some of the green lace and added a twine bow and a charm, just like Linda does.  She has the charms she uses in her awesome shop, The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  She's also running a Tim Holtz sale through 10/31.  Go now!

tag 5

I'm adding my tag to the Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas challenge HERE, to SSS for their Throwback challenge from last year Christmas/Holiday HERE, to SSS for their Anything Goes challenge HERE,

14 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Autumn, what a gorgeous vintage Christmas tag! I just love it with the beautiful embellishments! I've missed so many of your posts that I finally signed up to receive emails. That will help! I so admire that you have jumped in fully to work on Christmas cards and tags. I so need to do that too! Hugs, sweet friend!

LauraVi said...

Love the vintage mood in this tag and that lace? Simply beautiful!

Carol L said...

You really know how to put a fabulous tag together! I love all the elements you chose for this awesome creation!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful vintage looking tag Autumn - love your plaid in the background, and how you 'grunged' it with the DI!! Fabulous image and gorgeous trims and trinkets.
Blessings
Maxine

Babs said...

Your tag is so beautiful , love the traditional colours..
You said you would love to leave the Sparkles christmas some kind comments look on the side bar on the blog you will find all there inspiration there just click on there names..hope this helps..
Babs..x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

your tags are incredible! I love all of the attention to detail on here!

Petra Swart said...

Another gorgeous tag, Autumn!!! Love that Santa stamp!!! As with the other tag, you've got some gorgeous details on this one!!! The colours are beautiful and the lace and twine bow at the top is simply stunning!!! Beautiful!!!!
Keep well!!

Pia said...

wau what a beautiful tag

Maura said...

Love your old fashioned tag! Thanks for joining us for the throwback challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

Words and Pictures said...

I just love your take on this tag - the plaid is great and your quirky Father Christmas is fantastic - I love him!
Alison x

Peanut said...

Chock full of vintage goodness! Fab image of Santa.
hugs, Asha

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous, gorgeous tag.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

craftytrog said...

Love, love, love!!! xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Great job with the plaid, Autumn! It turned out terrific and that Santa stamp is fantastic! Love that double bow too!

Hugs,
Linda

Popular Posts