Sep 21, 2015

Verve Stamps September Week 3 Distressed Card

card 1
Today is my 100th post!  I am so thankful to everyone who has shown me support and offered encouragement over the past few months with starting my blog.  I read and treasure each and every comment!
 sketch
Here's my September Week 3 Viva la Verve stamps card using the Happy Place set - with lots of distressing.  
card 2
I embossed the flowers with Wow! embossing powder and sponged them lightly with evergreen Adirondack ink.
card 3
 I distressed every element on this card to show the beautiful 2-sided paper back.  I added the little strip across the bottom because I felt like it just needed something extra.
card 4
I realize that I have made a BUNCH of cards in this color combo lately and am going to try and switch gears.  I am struggling to find the right papers and none of my local stores carry anything I like anymore.  But I have to tell you, these colors do make me happy!  I'm linking up to VLV for September week 3 HERE and to Simon Says Stamp for STAMPtember Use a Stamp Challenge HERE.  Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Linda Simmons said...

Cute card!

Mimi said...

Really love the colors and the "feel" of this card... bravo! Thanks for your supportive comment on my blog-- it's funny: what hangs you up one day may be a piece of cake the next!
You want to hear some thing crazy??? I posted my 100th yesterday! Wowza! See you in 200!

Yenni Natalia said...

Love the unique jade green colour. you even have a matching embossing powder to go along with the pattern paper. you really good at making this simple yet super pretty card. i am having a hard time and really wish to have a similar skill like you have :). have a great day

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely stunning card! The color palette is gorgeous and I love the shabby-chic vibe it has. I am also in total "wow mode" over the distressed edges that you did! What a great look! I love how they're curling in and they somehow manage to look grungy and elegant at the same time. The fish-tail banner is used in such a clever way and I really like how it all pairs with the flowers. You did an amazing job on this and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

sarascloset said...

Wow, Autumn! That's a lot of posts in a very short time! You have been very busy here this month! I've got a good amount of catching up to do! This is a beautiful card--I adore the distressing and that sweet sentiment tag! Many, many thanks for all your support and comments on my blog, my friend, and even for your support on the challenge blogs. I just came from Allsorts, saw that my card was Top 3, but more importantly, that you left a supportive comment there, too! You are a dear! Big hugs! PS I'll be back to see each of your latest creations when I get a hunk of time--I can't wait!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Autumn! I adore the distress/vintage look to it and the colors are just stunning!! Beautifully done!:)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautiful! Love the distressed edges and awesome colors. Congrats on 100 lovely posts and thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

Dawn Fields said...

Beautiful, shabby card!

Popular Posts