Aug 25, 2015

Unity August Be Inspired Stamped Thank You Card

card 1

My first fall card of the year here, made for the Unity Be Inspired August challenge.  Unity decided to go heavy on the fall theme and chose plaids, oranges and teal for the color scheme, along with a great card sketch.  I used both for my project.

card 2

 Remember my post on making your own DIY paper flower embellishments HERE?  Well three of these lovelies found their way onto my Unity thank you cards.  HOW FUN!!!  I used my favorite Authentique plaid paper and some crocheted trim.  The leaves are from THIS cool stamp, Lean Pretty Please by Unity.  I just cut them out and added them in a completely different way than they are on the stamp, but isn't that the fun?!

UK-810A-LEAN-PRETTY-PLEASE

Now the best part of this is that I recently won these 25 stamps from commenting on a Unity blog hop!  Woot woot!  Go Autumn!  Anyway, one of the stamps was this amazing Thanks stamp and I was able to complete the fall theme on my cards with it.  YAY!  I used Adirondack cranberry ink for the Thanks and Archival sepia for the leaves.
card 3

Anytime I use scrapbook paper to make a standard sized card, I try to make 3 of them, so here they are!  I just happened to have made three of these DIY paper flowers - perfect!

card 4

I'm entering the Unity link up HERE.  Now I know just yesterday I posted a sunny summer card and went on and on about how I don't want to see summer go, but hey my name is Autumn so forgive me.  ;0  Try to understand my mixed feelings...  TFL!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Autumn, what a wonderful group of stamps you won at Unity! And what a beautiful "autumn" card you made with this great fall plaid! I love the flowers and the beautiful lace! And you made three cards! Yay! Yes, I'm sure you have mixed feelings about the summer ending...given you name...haha! Oh, well, I understand, sweet friend!

Helen Gullett said...

How beautiful! Those flower and buds are very lovelu, the color combo is beautiful.

Lagene said...

WOW These are beautiful!

Popular Posts